Cover Letters: What You Need to Know Right Now to Make Yours Stand Out
Cover letters make people tense. They're not sure what to include, who to address it to, how long it should be, and writer's block sets in.
While some may think they've gone out of fashion, they end up in your personnel file forever and can sometimes be the tiebreaker when it comes to deciding which candidates land interviews. A form letter won't get it done!
Your cover letter should be personal and tell something that your resume doesn't.
So let's get off the cover letter struggle bus once and for all!
This month we've rounded up five of the best articles we could find about writing the perfect cover letter every time. You'll find some great samples as well as insight so that you'll no longer feel completely overwhelmed when it's your turn to write one.
1. Before you hit send, double check these 7 essentials to make sure everything is perfect. (Forbes)
2. Is your cover letter on trend for what employers expect in 2017? This article will make sure what you are submitting isn't from the old guard. (Money)
3. Here is a 3-part formula to the cover letter one writer said she massively increased her response rate. (The Muse)
4. Some phrases repel readers, here are 15 to avoid to keep your cover letter fresh. (Business Insider)
5. Successful cover letters have many things in common; here is a nice breakdown. (Social-Hire)